Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Do we ever tire of Chocolate? No, no we do not.

Do you know what I love?


I sure do love Godiva.

Another guilty pleasure, of course.


I'm certain, of course, that as soon as I move to New York, my exposure to the chocolate world will skyrocket, and perhaps I shall find a new favorite.


But until then, my love of such a fun treat exists.


Eating Godiva Chocolate is fun.


And check this out--they ALWAYS have free samples.

Like, every day.



So...every day I'm remotely near a Godiva store, I casually blow in and ask (oh so casually,) "I was just wondering if you had any free samples today?"

(Of course they do.)


But also, of course, nobody in retail likes when people come into your store solely for the free sample and then want to not buy anything.


Or, to make matters worse, nobody in retail likes it when not only does a customer blow into the store for a free sample, but then they decide to redeem their free piece of chocolate for the month for themselves AND their boyfriend, thus making Godiva Chocolatier-0, Allyson West-4.


It's pretty amazing.


Oh, I suppose Godiva has the run-around on me, for sure.

I did, actually, order and ship their Godiva Cupcakes to my very dearest friend for her last birthday.

I do, actually, consider receiving a surprise box of truffles one of the best Christmas presents I've ever gotten, unexpectedly.

And I do, oh I do dream about the day when I might receive/buy for myself some luxurious present of wonderful proportions.


That would be oh so awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, do you remember when we went in to Godiva and were greeted by Godiva-Nerd-Employee who traipsed around the entire store trailing us and telling us every.single.remote. detail he could think of and then made us feel guilty because we just wanted a piece of freaking free chocolate?
    do you remember that? cuz i do.

    ReplyDelete