Wednesday, March 14, 2012

CUPCAKES DON'T HAVE TO BE PRETTY TO TASTE AMAZING


so
i'm an actor
i.e. "self-employed."

and when you're self-employed
you pay yourself
on pay day
for the things that you do
at your job.

like,
auditions.

in an actor's world
pay day = audition day

especially because of all the effort and time spent.
I will
wake up early
dress appropriately for work AND the audition, or dress appropriately for work AND BRING another set of clothes for the audition
carry make-up with me
print off sides
read them
memorize them
leave my day job
drive to my agency
wait
wait
wait my turn
audition (takes maybe three or four minutes)
drive back across town to return to work

THAT'S A LOT OF WORK
for an audition
(obvs worth it, duh.)

so today when i found an audition in my inbox
i did all that in the space of about three hours
and then paid myself $2.75 in the form of a cupcake from 
Abby Girls Sweets.

Remember when I talked about the beautiful disgusting cupcake from TOB?
(also that one cost 3.50 ugh and this one was 2.75 of heaven.)

this was a plain
AMAZING TASTING CUPCAKE

i wanted to buy twelve more of them
and eat them all for lunch
(i didn't.)

all i had was plain vanilla bean!
and i'm so happy with it!

so
good cupcakes
the best cupcakes
are the subtle ones
hiding in plain disguise.

eat those babies up.

No comments:

Post a Comment