Wednesday, September 14, 2011

shouting


there are a few things that turn me into a maniac, and "Shout," by the Isley Brothers, is one of those things.

Two nights ago, I lay in bed for three hours. Finally, around two a.m., I tooned and downloaded the remastered version of their  1959 first big hit, and fell asleep like a baby.
Surprising lullaby, right?

Let's take a look at this video.
The Isley Brothers. Amazing.
How do they even contain themselves?
I cannot.
When this song comes on, I am nothing but arms and legs.
I am a jumper. A flailer. A "oh-my-god-i-love-this-song" partier.

and they're so slick, the entire video.
They're SINGING it, for god's sake, and they're still so, so slick.

but not me. not me at all.
i'm a maniac.
in my chair.
at my desk.
in my office.
crossing the road.
in my car.
at the gym.
in the shower.
doing  my writing.
or going to sleep.

they sure do make me want to shout.

No comments:

Post a Comment