Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lego Store and Brothers

without a doubt, one of the many perks of being newly single is being accountable ONLY TO ME for my spending.


well, within reason. (Hi Parents who go out of their way to help and support me!)




But let's say that, as I should, I plan and save my money for my future and my bills the way I should.


and because I have a very blessed life, I'm also able to plan and save money to BUY PRESENTS FOR MY BROTHERS!


Happy Birthday Chester!


I recently sent him the above military lego soldiers (recognize a Toy Story reference, anyone?). I thought perhaps a child's imagination should tie into his real-time life, and since T-Bone just hit it up in the Marines, military men it is.


And then, this one. FIREMEN. and an awesome FIRE TRUCK. How cool is that? Duane, my oldest bro, is a fireman/paramedic, and he's the bomb.com. I'm happy to love almost all my brothers by creating a relevant present out of them.


Well, actually, I owe it to them. Once, when I was a little girl, I decided one day that I was REALLY MAD at all my brothers. So I wrote them hate notes.


"Dear Duane and Tim,


You are terrible brothers and buttheads.


Love, Jared"


Of course, I got into all kinds of trouble, as I should (even though I wasn't trying to get Jared in trouble. I just wanted to remain anonymous."


But seeing as I printed the hate notes off of the computer and decorated them, it wasn't hard to figure out they originated from me. :P

And then! Guess what!

I got "Creationary" for Duane.

Have you guys seen it? It's like pictionary except you build things out of legos, which is WAY more fun, and WAY cooler. If you've played it, let me know how it went. I want to play!

No reason, except that I love the crap out of my big bro who always checks in on me and tells me he loves and misses me. I miss him too!


I've decided to start being a woman worth her weight in love. The way to get is to give, and giving is my favorite thing to do. So when the choice was between a new pair of sexy shoes, or giving Duane a surprise awesome present, hands down, no argument, the present goes to Duane.


I love you brothers! and I love the Lego Store!

2 comments:

  1. Stephie and Kristen got this game for Chester for his birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! I almost got it for Chet--and I'm glad I didn't! :D Did you guys play it already? Is it awesome?!

    ReplyDelete