Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Truly Yours Strawberry Dress


Let me just say, that the Universe is watching out for me and my wallet.
I'm sure, if you know me, that you are familiar with my long-time love affair with modcloth.com (which I may be outgrowing??)

So, since I love Modcloth so much, and since I'm broke as hell ALL THE TIME, i evaluate my cherished loves and desires ever so closely to make certain that I'm spending my money, and therefore, my time, well.

If Modcloth has a dress I love, well, I throw it onto my lovelist and wait a few weeks, months, to see if I still love it as much later on. Then, I evaluate the dress on wow-factor, my love for it, how practical it is for my life, and then, how often I can utilize it for acting/auditions/theatre goings/etc. <--this of course is the most important part of analyzing whether or not to buy clothes.

and then Modcloth has the perfect dress. Reasonably priced, perfect shade, perfect cut, perfect style. I throw it up on my LoveList, and wait.
If I'm lucky, the style will still be in stock by the time I can afford it, if I still want it. If it's not, I chalk it up to fate.

BUT GUESS WHAT ELSE I CHALK UP TO FATE?!

It just so happens that every once in awhile Modcloth will preview a dress of theirs, and I'll get on a list to see when it becomes available. Then I wait. And wait. And dream and drool over the perfect dress, the perfect color. Maybe it's the Made in Jade dress I've missed twice for purchasing. Maybe it's the Truly Yours Strawberry Dress. Maybe it's the Color of Desire dress I've missed three times. Maybe. It's. the Perfect. Dress. But I wouldn't know because all of a sudden as soon as it's time to invest in some clothes I never have a debit card, or money, or can even get to a computer quick enough to buy it before it goes out of stock.

Adios, perfection, hello financial stability.
:)

2 comments: