Friday, August 12, 2011

With Love from Texas

I am a very lucky woman.

Very, very recently, a handful of people reached into my life and helped me get out of a terrible situation, a dangerous situation.


It is my greatest pleasure to tell them "thank you," and send them my love in a wonderful form.


Because, honestly, really, who doesn't like receiving gifts? :)


Gift Box #1 included two vintage bottles of Dr. Pepper, a Texas cookbook, nostalgic taffy, Texas wildflower packets, and a horseshoe, for good luck. This is for an established couple who love to garden, and are known to have cook-outs.


(My Dad grabbed the horseshoes for me--they're authentic.) :)


Gift Box #2 goes to a bad-ass woman who is today's version of Carrie-Ann Moss from the Matrix. She gets two bottles of specialty salsa, a jar of cinnamon honey butter (oooohhh sooo deeellliiiicccciiiooouusss,) two bags of novelty western candy, two nostalgic Dr. Peppers, a "Don't Mess with Texas" lighter, and a horseshoe, for good luck.


All items are obviously, authentically Texan.



Gift Box #3 goes to a rockabilly rough couple with good jobs, huge hearts, and a penchant for doing the right thing. They get three jars of salsa (actually, one is a cheese dip,) two novelty Dr. Peppers, a bag of authentic hard candy, two packs of novelty candy cigarettes, and a Texas Ranger badge. :) Adorable, right?


I had such a blast putting together these gifts. I LOVE telling people thank you by doing something delightful, something fun and happy. Now let's only hope they get them before they see this post! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment