Saturday, December 17, 2011

Anne's Blog

anne bogart, december

I know that the narratives that I choose in life determine the sort of life that I live.  I create who I am with the stories I tell.  I write myself into existence by the stories that I tell about my life.  I also write with my posture and with my manner of walking and of speaking and I write with my words and actions in the world.  I can write fuzzily or, with extra expressive effort and slow thought, I can write clearly.  I impress myself upon and INTO others around me.  I become part of them and they become part of me.  I write and I am written upon.  My DNA writes upon me and my family writes upon me.  I am written upon by the experiences that I undergo, by the people that I meet, the books that I read and the music that I listen to.  Writing and being written upon is cyclical.  Most of my days are lived within the confines of the evolving narratives that I spin about who I am now and how I experience moments in time.  I alternate between being caught up in the moment and filtering my experience through memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment