Thursday, December 22, 2011

fancypants lunch


i used to think that i loved breakfast.
i used to think that i adored it.

and i did.
i mean, it's good, right, it's delicious.

there's nothing wrong with breakfast.


but then two things happened to me.

the first -

for lunch.
for heavenly, deliciously lunch.

incredible.

in the midst of my day, i find myself
in a beautiful, contemporary restaurant
poised
posh
perfect
and so quietly shocked that i'm having such a nice time!



and then
the second -

jean robert's Table.
have you been?
i can't believe i have.
i had a business lunch there one day.
and by "business lunch," i mean,
i met a friend and asked questions about jobs and it was during the business day.

BUT SERIOUSLY.
srsly the nicest restaurant i have ever been to in my life.

AND I LOVE ME SOME NICE RESTAURANTS.



and then it hit me.
sure, breakfast is great and wholesome and healthy and wonderful.
and dinner, too, is super special and nothing compares to Special Dinners on Special Nights.
but, lunch?
Lunch takes the cake, my friends.
If you've got yourself a fancy-schmancy lunch, you've got yourself the best day of your life.

anything can happen on a Fancy-Lunch day.

1 comment:

  1. ooh. I love a good lunch. but BRUNCH. man. nothing can take brunch away from my heart.

    ReplyDelete