Sunday, January 29, 2012

little happenings


I accidentally made a cake yesterday.

Meaning:

I borrowed three eggs from Aaron on Saturday to take to my house.

"Don't you want to put those on a bag or something," he asked.

I looked at him.

He looked at me.

You're crazy, I said, these are better in my hands.

Then I carried them. Held them closely to my lap. Left them blatantly in the front seat when we went into a store and just barely saw and remembered before sitting on them again.

Carried groceries, bags, a metal baking pan all clunking into the foyer of my apartment, three eggs in hand.

Made it into the elevator, the metal pan shifted, aaaaaannnnnnd CLOONK.
Pan slit egg.
One tiny little slit.

"looks like I'm making a cake!" I delighted to Aaron. :)

And I did, and it was delicious.
Happy Cakes for Happy Things.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment