Wednesday, January 4, 2012

telling a sister where it'z at (even if i do have to end a sentence in improper grammar)


the upbringing of my sweet, younger sisters is a very important thing to me.

so when the most offensive text png showed up on my little sister's facebook, i threw her some solid words of advice:

me: i hate this so much.

(if you guys know ANYTHING about me, it's that i hold rigid to my morals about what is and is not appropriate in the treatment of women/basically everyone, but especially women, because I AM A WOMAN, DUH.
you can see, obviously, that a young woman playing a slippery slope with her slang would only lead to more slippery slopes. )

her: it's an inside joke.
me: inside joke or not, it's offensive.
me: ALSO.
me: you need to prepare for your future employers looking at your facebook. this is the kind of thing that will get you not-hired.
her: Goodness. Allyson really, at this moment, I Do. Not. Care.
me: Goodness. Kristen, really, at this moment, I promise you, You. Will.


And then she deleted all the comments.
Which, of course, prompted me to another furious comment stream:


"i'm only annoying you because you know i'm right."

that's right, i said it.

she took it down.

but only, of course, in the midst of me perusing her facebook,
in which i unearthed a bunch of THESE PHOTOS:






and since I HATE THIS SO MUCH,
i had to get a little creative.
so, i guess, in keeping with this blog's theme:
TODAY I LOVE
telling my sisters that they look like drunk-ass dumb girls
and that i'd rather see pictures of them changing the world
than celebrating the fact that they're preparing for their college days.
seriously.
get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment