Wednesday, January 25, 2012

brothers and honkytonks


so aaron met my brothers.
this is that story.

turns out, aaron and i drove fourteen hours through the night
down to texas
to meet my family
him, for the first time,
on the celebration of my twin sisters' 18th birthday
in a texas dancehall honkytonk
(the website calls it a "nightclub" and "steakhouse." ssssuuuuuuuuure)

sounds like a movie, right?
YEAH, you are telling me.

here's the thing about me.
i
love
to
dance.

if YOU
and YOU DOESN'T MATTER
if YOU DANCE WITH ME
i will fall in love with you.

end of story.
i.
love.
to.
dance.

turns out my family ARE dancing fools.
which is not a surprise, seeing as my parents met in a dance clas 27 years ago.
well, i'm not that great of a dancer.
i mean, i get it, i can learn,
but nobody has ever taken me in their arms and swung me around often enough
for me to really internalize the rythym and flow of dancing.

while i spent four years acting and moving and vocalizing in college
my brothers spent four + years drinking beer and
country/western dancing and studying a little bit, in college
they obviously have the upper hand.



turns out,
this brother,
is a PHENOMENAL DANCER.

mainly, because he's a big guy.
tim LOVES TO THROW HIS BIGNESS AROUND.
we all somewhat love it.
he's huge.
he's a recent marine.
and he's starting to be a pretty cool guy.

he's also a PHENOMENAL DANCER.
i danced with him ONCE.
"just hold onto my hands," he said.
and then he threw me ALL OVER THE DANCE FLOOR
and it looked like i was an EXPERT.
no mind that i was sweaty and dripping and my hands were slipping
no mind my boots were a size too big.
no mind.

when we finished dancing,
I WAS ON FIRE
because tim is a PHENOMENAL DANCER.

always dance with tim.
my new advice.
always dance with tim.

aaron and tim had a rough start
mostly
because tim is a big butthead.

but aaron's a good guy
and softened him out
and they worked their way through it in the end.


this brother
jared
told me that he's a pretty poor dancer
which, of course,
is debatable,
given the fact that he's telling me to not pick my feet up and shuffle around and then freaking out because his sisters have boobs and eeeeeewwwwwww.

jared is sweet as pie, though.
dancing with him is sweet as stars.
he loves being nice
and he's chill as can be.

dancing with jared is a shuffle of toes and knees
but worth it every moment of the day.

jared's the nicest one, probably. :)
duane's pretty nice, too.
but jared offered his hand, meeting aaron,
and asked a lot of questions.
inclusive.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE
jared is tim's ringmaster
tim does/says something dumb
and jared reigns him in
such an important dynamic. :P



this brother
chester
LOVES TO LEARN.

dancing with him is like dancing with a ten year old.

obviously.

chester and i took dance lessons together.
his head is near my boobs
and we're cantering and careening around the dance floor
step step slide
step step slide
turn
and
step step slide

he's the BEST!
such light and magic and sparkle in his eyes
he experiences the world
is responsible for learning

he proved to be a very good dance partner

and a very good buddy for all involved.

i love chester! he's always up for hanging out.
the whole trip he did all kinds of things with us!
he went to paciugo and mckinney
to the gaylord texan
made gingerbread houses
went gun shooting
EVERYTHING!
chester is le cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment